Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
Going green involves becoming aware of how our actions impact the environment, and then changing our actions in order to reduce the pollution and waste that we produce. It often seems like a huge, daunting task. I really like this article by Sarah because she makes going green manageable. These ideas really are simple.
She shares 187 simple changes that you can make that will help you to live a little greener. Many of these ideas will also help you to save money. The ideas are organized by category. When you get to the bottom of the first page, click on the next page number to see more ideas. The ideas are things you can start to do right away.
Here are just a few examples:
- Install dimmer switches
- Take showers instead of baths to conserve water
- Dust the coils underneath and on the back of your refrigerator to help it run more efficiently
- Close heating and cooling vents in unused rooms
- Use air filters to improve indoor air quality
- Eat foods that are in season
- Use real dishes and silverware instead of disposable
- Add dryer balls to your dryer
- Use rags instead of paper towels to wipe up spills
- Start a vegetable or herb garden
- Bank online instead of getting mailed statements
- And More!
Sarah does suggest buying hazardous materials in the quantities you need or else share the leftovers. I think it’s best to avoid hazardous materials as much as possible. Don’t use solvents, oil-based paints, pesticides, cleaning products with toxic ingredients etc.
Also, if you decide to burn candles, check out beeswax candles. They’re more expensive, but they healthier for both people and the planet.
This is a really good article. You don’t have to make major changes or spend a lot of money in order to go greener.
Click on the 187 Simple Ways to Go Green link below to see all 187 ideas for going green.