Jillee of One Good Thing was putting soil into a flower pot, and saw that a lot of the soil was falling through the drainage holes. After thinking for a bit she remembered some coffee filters she had bought on sale. She put one of those in the bottom of the flower pot. Problem solved! (I have always used small stones to block drainage holes, but this solution is much better!
So Jillee did some additional research and developed a list of 66 creative uses for coffee filters.
Here are a few of the 66 ideas:
- Use a coffee filter to prevent splatter when heating something in the microwave, simply place over the top of your food and carry on like normal.
- Put under bacon, fries, fried chicken etc. to soak up excess grease.
- Line the bottom of cookie tins.
- Use filters to bake jumbo muffins or mini cakes in the oven. Fill the filter 1/3 full with batter and place in a shallow circular pan to bake.
- To sprout seeds, dampen a coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag.
Click on the 66 Creative Uses For Coffee Filters…Even If You Don’t Drink Coffee! link below to see the complete article.