This is a great article to read before you get that first cold weather illness. Annie of the Herbal Academy of New England shares 5 different herbs that can be used to treat winter colds and flu. She includes an herbal tea for each herb and directions on how many times a day to drink the tea when you’re using it medicinally.
- One herb is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and helps to get rid of excess mucus.
- The second herb has antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant properties. It’s used to treat the flu, colds, respiratory infections and sore throats.
- The third herb stimulates the immune system, helps with congestion, and helps to fight fever.
- The fourth herb helps with nausea, morning sickness, colds, flu and is a general anti-inflammatory.
- The fifth herb has antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It helps with respiratory illnesses and “mucusy” coughs.
To learn the names of the specific herbs and more information just click on the Five Best Kitchen Herbs for the Cold Season link below.