This is a neat article that explains how to grow fruit trees in containers. This is something you can do inside a house, on balconies, or on rooftops. It even allows you to grow fruit even if you don’t live in an appropriate growing zone for that fruit.
- The size of the pot DOES matter
- The type of pot can have an impact too
- Dwarf varieties of citrus plants that do well in containers
- Other fruits that grow well in containers
- Meyer lemons go great in large container !
- When to plant
- The ins and outs of fertilizing
It’s a great article with a lot of useful links and tips. However, as I read the article, though, it occurred to me that large containers of soil with fruit trees are HEAVY. So one thing to consider is whether you have a good place to put the plants so they get enough light all year. The other option would be to build or buy a wheeled base that you could put a pot on before filling it with soil. Then you could wheel the plant wherever you wanted during the year.
Click on the How to Grow Fruit Trees in Containers link below to read the complete post.