Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
- The explanation of the second fermentation and flavoring (Raspberry vanilla, Blueberry lavender, Mango and Ginger are some of the flavors she uses…. Mmmmm!)
- Her helpful tips
For those who haven’t made kombucha and like sequential steps, this is the basic process:
- Boil the water
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon
- Add the tea bags and let them steep until the water cools
- Remove the tea bags
- Add the raw liquid kombucha from a previous batch (or purchased)
- Pour the tea and kombucha mixture into a large glass jar
- With clean hands, gently place your scoby on top of the tea
- Cover the top of the jar with cheesecloth or paper towels secured with rubber bands
- Ferment for 7 to 10 days
- Remove the scoby
- Proceed to a second fermentation and add flavoring for the new batch
Click on the How to Make Continuous Brew Kombucha (+ 6 Flavor Ideas) link below to read Lindsey’s entire article.