Monica of The Yummy Life shares a great recipe for oatmeal smoothies that are great for a grab and run breakfast. These are also good for a midday snack, or for a post-workout energy boost.
First Monica walks you through the entire smoothie-making process so that you can experiment with your own combinations of fruits, milk, yogurt, oats and more. She has a LOT of helpful photographs. Then she provides links to her individual recipes for:
- Apricot Orange Oatmeal Smoothie
- Apple, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie
- Cherry, Vanilla Bean Oatmeal Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Pomegranate Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Monica uses Chia Seeds in a lot of her recipes. Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid, fiber, protein, and minerals including as iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc. They also provide an energy boost that is natural. I use chia seeds in my breakfast smoothie almost every day and can confirm the energy boost. I use these raw organic Chia Seeds from Live Superfoods.