Katie at Wellness Mama has developed and tested some terrific recipes for natural, herbal hair colorings. The blonde/light recipes will permanently lighten the hair until you grow it out. The red and dark hues will leave a temporary tint for a few weeks (depending on how often you wash it). The sun will help set all the hues.
The recipes have not been tested on hair that was already dyed/chemically treated.
The post includes:
- Herbs for light hair (3 suggestions)
- Recipe for a faster herbal blonde dye
- Herbs for red hair (recipe)
- Henna Hair Dye (Recommended commercial product)
- Herbs for Brown Hair (Recipe)
- Henna Hair Dye (Black, Dark Brown or Mahogany) ~ Recommended commercial product
- Herbs for Dark Brown Hair or Black Hair (2 suggestions)
You can also get quality Henna here.