The worst time to prepare for a disaster or hard times is after disaster has already struck. One of the lessons of global pandemic is that we can never predict when disaster will strike again, but we can be pretty sure that some day in the near present or future it will.
One of the big issues to consider is how will you provide food for yourself if access to grocery stores is blocked or suppliers can’t get enough foods through to the stores? For vegetables, fruits, and herbs, one thing to consider is building your own seed bank for a survival garden.
The idea is to have a variety of seeds that you can use to plant a new edible garden, if you needed to. Ideally, you’d be using some of the seeds each year and collecting fresh seeds from your plants at the end of the season. After drying the seeds, you’d package them and add them to your seed bank.
In order to get started, there are a number of commercial seeds that you can buy and get started with. They typically are non-GMO and heirloom seeds. This week, I’ll publish a commercial seed bank or collection each day. Today the focus is on Bugout Seed Bag Heirloom Seeds.
Bugout Seed Bag Heirloom Seeds
4.5 stars out of 5.0 stars on Amazon
What you get:
- 22,000 Seeds! 34 SUPER easy to grow Heirloom vegetable seed varieties for your Survival Garden.
- Packed in paper seed packets with an expiration date, lot # and germination number as required by Federal Seed Law. There is a reason seed companies have been using PAPER packets for over 200 years. Seed are living organisms that need to breathe.
- Planting instructions!
- This collection contains full-size seed packets of beet, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chard, corn, cucumber, eggplant, basil, thyme, kale, lettuce, melon, mustard, onion, pea, sweet pepper, hot pepper, pumpkin, radish, spinach, summer squash, winter squash, tomato, and watermelon.
- Over 22,000 vegetable seeds that can keep for over 5 years in the right conditions, and will produce 13,000 pounds of food for your survival and health
- Guaranteed Fresh
- Comes with a 48 pg in-depth planting/seed saving guide written by experts at the Sustainable Seed Company.
Click the Bugout Seed Bag Heirloom Seeds link below to learn more.