This sounds like a pretty amazing medicinal syrup, created by herbalist, Kami McBride.
This is the syrup that if I take 5 tablespoons a day the day that I feel the VERY first symptoms of a cold or sore throat coming on… well, it never comes.
Elderberry Juniper syrup stops colds and sore throats in their tracks, if you take it as the first hint of illness.
Here are some of the ingredients:
- Elderberries are noted for their ability to keep a virus from spreading. This recipe uses dried elderberries.
- Juniper berries are anti-microbial and keep the lymph & circulation moving.
- Another herb adds immune system support
- Another herb (one of my favorites!) serves as a delivery herb in the recipe.
- An herb that’s used for respiratory conditions: coughs, colds, fever.
- Honey as a sweetener (and antibacterial)
The recipe will make a large batch that will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 months. You can halve or quarter the recipe if you’d like to make a smaller amount.
To see Kami’s complete recipe, click on the Elderberry Juniper Syrup for the Masses link below.
For 30 years Kami McBride has been teaching people to grow and use herbs in their daily lives for everyday common ailments. Kami teaches herbal classes focused on sustainable wellness practices and revitalizing our relationship with the plant world. She empowers people to use herbal medicine in their daily lives for home wellness care.