Don’t forget to Like Herbs and Oils Hub on Facebook so you’ll get notified every time we find a great new post about Herbs, Essential Oils, Spices, Natural Remedies and Natural Living.
I’m rapidly becoming a big fan of the Dan330 site. This is the place to go for thorough gardening knowledge. In this article they discuss how to harvest and preserve herbs. They also include a list of 25 specific herbs, what part of the herb to harvest, when to harvest and how to preserve herbs.
The article covers:
- What’s the best way to harvest herbs?
- When is the best time to harvest?
- Which herbs can be harvested for their seed heads?
Once you’ve harvested your herbs there are a variety of ways to dry and preserve them.
- Screen Drying
- Bunch Drying
- Bag Drying
- Oven Drying
- What containers are best to store herbs?
- Where should I store the containers?
- How long can I store herbs?
- What’s the sign that my herbs are losing their flavor?
- Herb What and When to Harvest How to Preserve
In this section you’ll find 25 specific herbs, what part to harvest, when to harvest and how to preserve. For example:
“Lemon Balm – Top half early, mid, or late summer before flowering Bag dry or bunch dry”
To see the entire article, click the following link: