Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
Katie at Wellness Mama has developed and tested some terrific recipes for natural, herbal hair colorings. The blonde/light recipes will permanently lighten the hair until you grow it out. The red and dark hues will leave a temporary tint for a few weeks (depending on how often you wash it). The sun will help set all the hues.
As Katie say:
“I’ve gotten several comments and emails asking about natural hair color recipes. I’ve experimented with natural hair lightening in the past, but hadn’t tried dark or red shades. Many wasted herbs and a bunch of randomly colored streaks on the underside of my hair later, I figured out some good dark and red options as well!”
Please note: The recipes have not been tested on hair that was already dyed/chemically treated.
The post includes:
- Herbs for light hair (3 suggestions)
- Recipe for a faster herbal blonde dye
- Herbs for red hair (recipe)
- Henna Hair Dye (Recommended commercial product)
- Herbs for Brown Hair (Recipe)
- Henna Hair Dye (Black, Dark Brown or Mahogany) ~ Recommended commercial product
- Herbs for Dark Brown Hair or Black Hair (2 suggestions)
You can also get quality Henna here.