Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
Stove in a Can is a neat, new all-in-one cooking platform that’s a prefect portable stove for either recreation or emergencies. Everything you need to cook a meal or provide a heat source is in one 1/2 gallon can. Here’s what you get:
- The stove
- 4 fuel cells
- A fuel ring
- A cooking ring
Here are some of the benefits:
- Each fuel cell cooks for approximately 1 hour
- The fuel is safe, water-resistant, non-toxic, and can be stored indefinitely
- The entire stove can be stored long-term
- The stove can be re-used multiple times
- You can also use part of a fuel cell, extinguish the fire, and use the remaining fuel cell later
- Works in windy, rainy, or extremely cold weather
In addition to emergency preparation, Stove in a Can is promoted as good for:
- Backyard Fun
- Hunting Trips
- Cookouts & Picnics
- Fishing Trips
- In the car trunk during the winter
One comment: Each fuel cell is made out of compressed wood and wax. It produces a strong flame. However, it also produces soot on the cooking pots & pans, as well as in the inside of the Stove in a Pot can. It does boil water pretty quickly (great for dehydrated foods), and can cook regular meals as well. Be prepared for a smoky smell once the fuel cell fully ignites. But if you’re outside, it’s no big deal.
Conclusion: I would personally use this more for emergency cooking and heating, than for recreational cooking. I really like that you can store Stove in a Can long-term with any food supplies that you’ve purchased in the event of an emergency. If you lose gas or electricity, you’ll still be able to cook a meal. If you had two of these stoves and extra fuel cells, you’d be in good shape if you lost your electricity or gas services.
Click on the Stove in a Can – Portable Outdoor Stove for Recreation or Survival link below to learn more.