Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
Eczema is a condition that causes the skin to become red, irritated, and itchy. Atopic eczema is the most common form of this condition. People with atopic eczema often come from families with an inherited predisposition to develop other allergies like asthma and hay fever. Eczema most commonly causes a rash that appears on the face, back of the knees, hands, feet, or wrists.In the U.S. 10% to 20% of infants will develop eczema and 3% of adults will develop it. We don’t know exactly what causes eczema, but one hypothesis is that the body’s immune system overreacts to some irritant. While there’s no cure, the symptoms can be controlled. The challenge is to try and figure out the triggers that cause flare-ups.Conventional treatments for eczema are scary. They include steroids, antibiotics, antihistamines, tar treatments, cyclosporine, and two drugs that alter the immune system response to prevent flare-ups: Elidel and Protopic. These 2 drugs have an FDA warning because of possible cancer risks that result from their use.There are other, safer methods that you can try. In this article, Claire shares 11 home remedies that can strengthen the skin and help the symptoms of eczema. She discusses:
- Different natural oils you can use and how they work
- Soothing Body Butter with a recipe
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Strategies to diagnose the triggers that cause flare-ups
- Oatmeal Bath with Recipe and directions
- An Herbal Tea Bath with a Particular Tea that’s Incredible at Soothing Skin Problems
- A Natural Supplement that has been shown to lessen the severity of eczema in some people
- A natural product that’s anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, speeds healing and attracts moisture
- A special way to use cornstarch to make a soothing paste
- A unique clay paste you can make that helps to stop the pain and itching of eczema.
Visit the 11 Healing Home Remedies for Eczema link below to see all 11 remedies.
Also, Claire has put together a 350-page E-Book of natural home remedies, natural beauty recipes, and natural cleaning recipes. I bought it and highly recommend it. You can read more about the EveryDay Roots Book Here.