Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
Jill of The Prairie Homestead shares links to 20 different natural insect repellents. Repellents for most creepy, crawly, flying insects are covered. Great post! If you click the link at the bottom of the page – 20 All-Natural Insect Repellent Recipes for a Bug-Free Summer – you’ll be able to see all the links and click on them to go to individual remedies. These are the remedies Jill assembled:
- Natural Insect Repellent for Camping from Green Boot Living. (This link is broken)
- Bug-Be-Gone Balm from Smithspirations
- Homemade Insect Repellent Spray from DIY Natural
- Bug Repellent Lotion Bars from Homemade Mommy (I LOVE this idea!)
- Three-Ingredient Pest Deterrent (especially for mice and spiders) from Scratch Mommy
- Citronella/Vinegar Spray- Jill used this a lot before she discovered the Terrashield blend. It’s effective, but if she were to make it again, she’d add in a wider variety of oils.
- DIY Bug Repellent Oil from Growing Up Herbal
- All Natural Homemade Insect Repellent from Thank Your Body
- Healthy Bug Spray (That Really Works!) from Scratch Mommy
- Two Easy Ways to Make Repellent from The Nourished Life
- Indoor/Outdoor All-Around Bug Spray from Your Thriving Family
- 15+ Tips & Recipes for Repelling Mosquitoes from Accidentally Green14. DIY Marigold Insect Spray from Deep Roots at Home
- 13 Tips for Keeping the Bugs Away Naturally (and dealing with bites!) from Day2Day Joys
- 3 Natural Bug Repellent Recipes from Wellness Mama (including an herbal mix)
- Dried Lavender Insect Repellent from WikiHow
- Beeswax Insect Repellent Candles from Design Sponge (how cool are these?!)
- Terrashield (commercial product)
Click the 20 All-Natural Insect Repellent Recipes for a Bug-Free Summer link below to see all of the remedies.