Thank you for visiting Herbs and Oils Hub!!
In this article, Slate shares some tips on getting the best value when you buy fresh fruits and veggies. He also has some great advice on how to store fresh produce so it doesn’t go to waste. The advantage is that you save money and can enjoy the fruits and veggies for a longer period of time. Here are a few examples:
- There’s a way to store celery so that it lasts 3 weeks longer than it normally would.
- If you can only eat 1/2 of that avocado you bought, Slate explains how to store the remaining half for up to 2 days longer.
- If you’re buying bell peppers and they’re priced by the pound, there is a trick to finding the peppers with the least amount of seeds. You want to pay for the usable pepper and not the seeds.
- There’s a great tip on the best way to store carrots and radishes so they’ll last longer.
- How to pick the best squash, zucchini or eggplant.
- And MORE!
Click on the 20 Frugal Tips for Buying Fresh Produce Fruits and Vegetables Save Your Grocery Budget link below to read all 20 money-saving tips.